Typically IST announces the winner of the BK Tanna Award at the graduation ceremony. Unfortunately, we weren't able to do this for the class of 2020. Last December we were finally able to announce the winner. Luc Van de Ven of the Class of 2020 has won the BK Tanna Award 2019/2020.
The student who is awarded the B.K. Tanna has the following qualities: high academic achievement, an outstanding effort for academic success, participation, enthusiasm, and attitude towards athletic activities, positive class participation, exemplary behavior and character, significant contribution to the community, and social development.
Throughout his school years, Luc has demonstrated all these qualities throughout various achievements and activities he participated in listed below:
- Studied 3 sciences, all higher level, plus higher-level math.
- Earned the IB Bi-lingual Diploma by studying two languages, English and Dutch.
- Scored 40 points on the IB Diploma.
- Studied Dutch and Higher Level Math online.
- Demonstrated a high level of independent learning and time management. He also knew when to seek out assistance from teachers and peers.
- Member of the ISSEA volleyball and soccer teams.
- Organized a Dutch Cultural Day for students at the Dutch School.
- Climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro in grades 9 and 11.
- Participated in the Take Action Tuesday/Today activities for 6 years.
- Volunteered as a Math Lab Tutor
We are proud to have dedicated students like Luke, and we wish him greater things ahead!