From the Principal's Desk
Well done to all Grade 2 students for your excellent Russian and American dancing this morning in assembly and thank you to Ms Sara for guiding the children so well. Also congratulations to Kilian and Mila for being bilingual MCs leading the assembly in both German and English. Whilst the younger children were enjoying assembly the Grade 3, 4 and 5 had Invasion games Inter-House. See photos below.
25 Parents attended the very comprehensive Child Protection workshop on Tuesday led by Ms. Carole and Ms. Lynn. On Tuesday November 6 there will be a Principal's Coffee where the focus will be After School Activities.
Grade 2/Grade 3 Pajama Party: This Evening!!
It is that time of year again! Are you ready for another night of reading, hot chocolate, PJ's, stuffed toys and blankets? Grade 2 and Grade 3 are invited to join this evening, Friday night, October 26th, at 7 pm, for the first pajama party of the year! Please arrive at school at 6:45 PM and head to classrooms with snacks at 7:00 for reading time.
Mother Tongue Reading During Library Lessons
During International Week, we would like to invite parents to come in to read to their children's homeroom classes in the mother or father tongue. This is a great way to share language and culture with our students. We are so fortunate to attend a school like IST with the enormous amount of diversity that we have. Come share your language with our students. Sign up to visit a library class HERE! We can't wait to have you. There is still time to sign up!
Whole School Mother Tongue Read In
All parents, grandparents, and siblings are invited to join us on the covered court on Monday, October 29, at 7:20 am, for our Mother Tongue Read In. Last year, we had children and parents reading in nearly 30 different languages. Feel free to bring books from home, borrow books from the home language section of the library, or just come to read with your children. It is a magical morning and we look forward to seeing you there!
Friday November 2: Whole School International Day at ES Campus!!!
International Day Programme
- 7:10 – Children go to their classes as per a normal school day
- 7:30 – 8:15 Grade 1 & 2 Visit the Stalls
- 7:45 – 8:30 Grade EC & KG Visit the Stalls
- 8:30 – 9:45 Grade 3, 4 & 5 Visit the Stalls
- 9:45 – Elementary Children return to their classes
- 9:45 – 10:00 Secondary School Arrives
- 10:00 – Everyone gathers in Country Groups in the EC Playgrounds
- 10:15 – Parade of Nations Starts (Parents Welcome to Watch)
- 11:00 – Assembly on the Field
- Tanzanian Anthem
- Secondary Band
- Dr. Mark Hardeman
- Elementary Choir
- Dr. Blair Peterson
- Secondary Choir
- Mr. Tony Breese
- Tanzanian Group Performance
- Closing Remarks by MC's Jash Kara and Aaliyahfatema Jivraj
- 11:45 – Elementary Children go to lunch and carry on rest of day as per normal schedule. Secondary Children Visit the Stalls.
- 13:00 – Secondary Children go back to Secondary Campus
- EPN are not providing containers/bags this year for children to collect bits and pieces at the stalls. All children need to bring in a small box/bag for this purpose.
- EPN have provided 55th Anniversary T Shirts for all children in the school which came home today.. They can wear them all next week EXCEPT Friday. Friday is the day for traditional dress, colours of the national flag etc. to be worn! We're looking forward to the wonderful diversity on the day
Calendar for the Week
|Mon, Oct. 29||Mother Tongue Read In||Covered Court||7.20 am|
|Mon, Oct. 29 - Fri, Nov. 2||Mother Tongue Week:
All Weeks in Library Lessons
|Tue, Wed, and Thur, Oct. 30, 31 and Nov. 1||Wear IST 55th Anniversary T-Shirts||-||-|
|Fri, Nov. 2||International Day! See Above||-||-|
|Tue, Nov. 6||Principal's Coffee: ASAs in Elementary School||Community Room||7.15 am|
|Fri, Nov. 9||Student Action Council (SAC) Assembly||MPH||7.20 am|
Other Important Information
Student Action Council (SAC) Assembly
Please join us for the launch of the SAC Environmental Focus for this Year. It will happen on Friday November 9 at 7.20am in the MPH
Parent Workshops: Tuesdays at 7.15am in the Community Room
- October 30: No Parent Workshop
- November 6: Principal's Coffee: ASAs at IST Elementary: Tony Breese and Megan Hardeman)
- November 13: Words Their Way: Spelling Programme
- November 20: Parent Workshop: How to help your child excel in an additional language