From the Principal's Desk
How does the end of the year work at the IST Secondary?
Since this is my first year I find myself asking this question frequently. I imagine that even those of you who have been at IST for years are even wondering the same thing. For example, how can it be that while our grade 9 - 11 students are in the middle of exams we also have 28 students going to Saadani for an adventure trip? Which learning opportunity would you rather be experiencing this time of year? While we only have a week and a half left there are a mix of events happening in a short amount of time. Take a look.
- Students in grades 9 - 11 are wrapping up their courses with end of the year final exams. These end on Wednesday, June 6. Teachers will go over the results with them before June 13.
- Teachers will also meet with students to provide them feedback on their performance for the year.
- The grade 9 students will be introduced to the MYP Personal Project so that they are ready to hit the ground running next year.
- The grade 10 students will begin their transition into the IB Diploma Program.
- The grade 11 students will be conducting their Group IV projects.
- The grade 8 team has organized the first (in recent memory) Grade 8 Celebration.
- Every grade level team will meet on the final day to celebrate with awards and to say goodbye to departing class mates.
- Everyone is invited to our final assembly on June 13 from 8:00 - 9:00 am.
- All students will receive yearbooks at the end of the year which has been curated by high school students led by Mr. Dwyer and Ms. Alexander-Watson.
- All students will need to clean out lockers, turn in books and locks. It's really important that the school owned items get turned in so that students can receive their yearbooks and final reports.
- Teachers will be compiling final grades and reports will be available to students and parents on June 12 by 3:00 pm.
Have a wonderful week!
- June 14 VACATION