IST's Elementary Library is a fantastic place for students to begin to develop a true love of reading. The library features
- 30,000+ print and 14,000+ web-based resources with a growing audio collection;
- recreational reading books in more than 30 different languages;
- newspapers and magazines for both students and parents to enjoy;
- visiting author programme; and,
- holiday hours.
IST's Secondary Library, as with most modern libraries, serves multiple uses. The two storey space allows for areas where students can check reference materials and conduct research as well as work independently or collaboratively. There is a lounge for Diploma students and dedicated space for Middle school students. The library provides a place for students to socialize after school and to take advantage of
- 26,000 volumes of fiction, non-fiction, reference materials, videos, and audiobooks;
- more than 70 print magazines delivered each month;
- wireless internet and Macbooks for community use;
- Britannica Online, EBSCO, JSTOR, Questia and other online research resources;
- holiday hours; and,
- extended hours during the school week including Saturday mornings.
Parents are welcome to get a library account to check out books and magazines as well.
"IST remains, in my estimation, a particularly successful school academically and provides incalculable advantages to our children when advancing to tertiary education. One of the greatest skills [our son] has gained from his time at IST is the ability to function independently, to make good choices and to continue trying in the face of adversity. He has recently been accepted, without interview and exclusively on the strength of his portfolio and personal statement, to the University of the Arts in London. This would most likely not have been possible without his IB Diploma and his time spent at IST."