“Adults follow paths. Children explore. Adults are content to walk the same way, hundreds of times, or thousands; perhaps it never occurs to adults to step off the paths, to creep beneath rhododendrons, to find the spaces between fences. I was a child, which meant that I knew a dozen different ways of getting out of our property and into the lane, ways that would not involve walking down our drive.”
― Neil Gaiman -, The Ocean at the End of the Lane
At IST, the Library is a place of escape for the imagination, assistance for academics, and fun for learning. Both libraries, on either campus, are equipped with academic books, non-fiction as well as fiction. Students can make requests for books as well.
IST has a rich culture of reading. We've achieved this by integrating into our curriculum the importance of self-learning and being inquisitive.
The Elementary Campus Library
The Elementary School Library is a fantastic place for students to start a passion and love of reading.
The library features:
- 32,000+ print and 14,000+ web-based resources with a growing audio collection;
- recreational reading books in more than 30 different languages;
- newspapers and magazines for both students and parents to enjoy;
- visiting author programme; and,
- holiday hours.
The Secondary Campus Library
IST's Secondary Library, as with most modern libraries, serves multiple uses. The two-story space allows for areas where students can check reference materials and conduct research as well as work independently or collaboratively. There is always a puzzle that needs solving! The library provides a place for students to socialize after school and to take advantage of:
- 26,000 volumes of fiction, non-fiction, reference materials, magazines, and audiobooks;
- wireless internet and iMacs for community use;
- Britannica Online, EBSCO, JSTOR, Questia and other online research resources;
- holiday hours; and,
- extended hours during the school week, including Saturday mornings.
Parents are welcome to get a library account to check out books.