Our Students Inspire Us
Contact the library for username and password if needed for the below resources:
- Destiny / Library Catalogue Search >>
- Naviance >>
- ManageBac >>
- Encyclopedia Britannica Online >>
- EBSCO >> including access to:
- MAS Ultra: more than 500 popular, high school magazines
- Health Source: more than 130 full text, consumer health magazines, including American Fitness, Better Nutrition, Harvard Health Letter, HealthFacts, Men's Health, Muscle & itness, Prevention, Vegetarian Times, and many others.
- ERIC®, the Educational Resource Information Center, provides access to education literature and resources.
- Professional Development Collection: the most comprehensive and most valuable collection of full text education journals in the world.
- Topic Search: current events database allows researchers to explore social, political & economic issues, scientific discoveries and other popular topics discussed in today's classrooms including controversial opinions and viewpoints.
- MagillOnLiterature Plus: approximately 35,000 critical analyses of individual works of literature, 6,500 biographical records, more than 1,000 images, and a glossary of 1,310 literary terms.
JSTOR maintains a high-quality, interdisciplinary archive with articles from over 1,000 of the highest-quality academic journals across the humanities, social sciences and sciences. It is a good resource for Extended Essays and other papers required by the IB Diploma Program.
- African Cultural Heritage Sites >>
- Struggles for Freedom in Southern Africa >>
- Grolier >> (Middle School students research database) which includes:
- Encyclopedia Americana
- Grolier Multimedia Encyclopedia
- The New Book of Knowledge
- The New Book of Popular Science
- Lands and Peoples
- Amazing Animals of the World
A great resource for TOK classes. It's free and does not require a password.
"I think that IST is a good and supporting school for children because the teachers encourage you to do things around the school. That is one of the things I like about IST!"