Our Students Inspire Us
Contact the library for username and password if needed for the below resources:
- Destiny / Library Catalogue Search >>
- Naviance >>
- ManageBac >>
- Encyclopedia Britannica Online >>
- EBSCO >> including access to:
- MAS Ultra: more than 500 popular, high school magazines
- Health Source: more than 130 full text, consumer health magazines, including American Fitness, Better Nutrition, Harvard Health Letter, HealthFacts, Men's Health, Muscle & itness, Prevention, Vegetarian Times, and many others.
- ERIC®, the Educational Resource Information Center, provides access to education literature and resources.
- Professional Development Collection: the most comprehensive and most valuable collection of full text education journals in the world.
- Topic Search: current events database allows researchers to explore social, political & economic issues, scientific discoveries and other popular topics discussed in today's classrooms including controversial opinions and viewpoints.
- MagillOnLiterature Plus: approximately 35,000 critical analyses of individual works of literature, 6,500 biographical records, more than 1,000 images, and a glossary of 1,310 literary terms.
JSTOR maintains a high-quality, interdisciplinary archive with articles from over 1,000 of the highest-quality academic journals across the humanities, social sciences and sciences. It is a good resource for Extended Essays and other papers required by the IB Diploma Program.
- African Cultural Heritage Sites >>
- Struggles for Freedom in Southern Africa >>
- Grolier >> (Middle School students research database) which includes:
- Encyclopedia Americana
- Grolier Multimedia Encyclopedia
- The New Book of Knowledge
- The New Book of Popular Science
- Lands and Peoples
- Amazing Animals of the World
A great resource for TOK classes. It's free and does not require a password.
"I think that IST is a good and supporting school for children because the teachers encourage you to do things around the school. That is one of the things I like about IST!"
The International School of Tanganyika is proud to be accredited by / a member of these respected organisations:
Child protection is extremely important. IST’s Child Protection Policy (Section 7.15 >>) together with procedures to verify the previous employment for new job applicants is part of our commitment to ensure all members of the IST community are informed and educated regarding symptoms of child abuse for the protection of all of our students.