1. Our students are extraordinary. They work hard, they persevere, they are motivated and they succeed.
2. We provide incredible opportunities for after school activities and service learning. Students lead initiatives and tackle huge goals, both personal as well as to benefit society worldwide.
3. We believe all students are able to achieve and we offer a wide range of support. We have a complete learning support department, we hire experienced EAL teachers and we help academically strong students to reach farther to increase their understanding of complex concepts.
4. We help students develop skills that have relevance across the school curriculum and beyond such as working with others, managing time and tasks, managing state of mind and managing goals. At IST, students refine their approach to learning.
“IST has a great programme and the facilities are the best in Tanzania. The teaching and non teaching staff [are] extremely competent and the entire experience is very positive.”
- parent, IST Parent Survey
The International School of Tanganyika is a proud member of / accredited by these organisations:
Child protection is extremely important. IST’s Child Protection Policy (Section 7.15 >>) together with procedures to verify the previous employment for new job applicants is part of our commitment to ensure all members of the IST community are informed and educated regarding symptoms of child abuse for the protection of all of our students.