the IST Board
Board of Governors
The International School of Tanganyika (IST) is governed by an elected Board comprised of parents of students currently enrolled at IST. The Board of Governors is responsible for the overall health and long-term future of the school. This governance role is essentially strategic rather than operational, with broad responsibility for:
- Establishing policies that guide school operations.
- Maintaining a long-term financial plan and approving an annual budget for the school.
- Hiring, evaluating, and providing feedback to the Head of School.
- Ensuring that the school's Mission is reflected in its programs, and is adequately resourced.
Board Members 2019 - 20
- Sona Shah - Chair
- Brian Allemekinder - Vice Chair
- Malin Idvall - Secretary
- Kalpesh Mehta - Treasurer and Convener of the Finance Committee
- Priscila Izar - Convener of the Education Committee
- Janine Young - Convener of the Governance and Nominations Committee
- Gunnar Coffman - Convener of the Building and Facilities Committee
- Amadou Diop
- Mari Braeck
- Shamima Bhalloo
- Mark Hardeman, ex-officio
The International School of Tanganyika is a proud member of / accredited by these organisations:
Child protection is extremely important. IST’s Child Protection Policy (Section 7.15 >>) together with procedures to verify the previous employment for new job applicants is part of our commitment to ensure all members of the IST community are informed and educated regarding symptoms of child abuse for the protection of all of our students.